Chimera Gateway! Games by the Bay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chimera Gateway! Games by the Bay

This is a forum for all games, and game related sharing, by Hornet Warrior

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Session 2 The Road Less Travelled

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hornet Warrior
Admin
Hornet Warrior

Session 2 The Road Less Travelled Empty
PostSubject: Session 2 The Road Less Travelled   Session 2 The Road Less Travelled EmptyWed Apr 29, 2020 1:11 pm

Our Adventurers wake up at the Head Wound Inn

Session 2 will be held Sunday May 3rd 2020 at 1400

Attendees:
Shamus
Ashton
Sean

You survived

Experience:

Bonus XP:
Ereborn Journal 100
Zorron Song 100
Salazar charging gems in full moon 50
Killdrake Prayer 50
Trym Sneaky bonus 50

Shamus 50
Ashton 50
Sean 50

total:
Shamus 500
Sean 550
Ashton 550
Kahlan 450
Enzi 450

Last edited by Hornet Warrior on Thu May 14, 2020 8:09 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://chimeragate.forumotion.com
Mini the Minior

Mini the Minior

PostSubject: Re: Session 2 The Road Less Travelled   Session 2 The Road Less Travelled EmptySat May 02, 2020 12:43 pm

I am in this session
Back to top Go down
Sean W

Sean W

PostSubject: Re: Session 2 The Road Less Travelled   Session 2 The Road Less Travelled EmptySat May 02, 2020 5:12 pm

Me and Ashton are in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hornet Warrior
Admin
Hornet Warrior

PostSubject: Wolf's bane   Session 2 The Road Less Travelled EmptyTue May 05, 2020 4:05 pm

Session 2 done and successful

Please post all summaries below.

Here are the friends and enemies from session 2

Jarpi Goodhammer:

Wolves:

Dire Wolf:

Werewolf:

Here are the items found in the box

Rapier:

Circlet:

Axe:

Glaive:

Necklace:

Gauntlets:

Last edited by Hornet Warrior on Sat May 16, 2020 8:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://chimeragate.forumotion.com
Sean W

Sean W

PostSubject: Re: Session 2 The Road Less Travelled   Session 2 The Road Less Travelled EmptySat May 09, 2020 1:46 pm

Ereborn's Journal......The Accursed one.

Hmm. Another strange day. I am thankful for my kinsman Jarpi Goodhammer the Black Smith for his advice, and pointing us in the right direction to search for why townsfolk were going missing, relaying to search the Mountain pass to the North.  I scoffed at the suggestion to hire horses for the journey. Who would do such a thing rather than taking in the splendor of the Mountains!?!

As we travelled to the start of the Mountain Pass, I spied a message scrawled on the back of a displaced road sign. "Find the Shrine, in the Light of Day", written in crude Elvish, as deciphered by Salazar. Surely, this is a clue - given it was scrawled in blood!

Then, the usual savagery of the wilds presented, with 2 wild wolves on the attack. Salazar provided some deft confusion with a fog cloud (this may have warded off any others), but I now see the usefulness of Zorron. Putting a wolf to sleep was well done and even more impressive was when Salazar slew the other with a magic missile spell. Kildrake was quite a sight with her white cloak covered with the wolves blood when the missile obliterated it, and whilst I was amused with the look on her face, I'm not so sure she saw the humour. Especially having to rinse clean her cloak prior to progressing.

We then faced off against a Dire Wolf. A fearsome foe and one bested. Praise Kord our competitive Spirit overcame the threat. I could see Zorron scribbling into a small book at the end of the battle. I sense a story is unfolding, that will told by that charismatic Tiefling at some stage soon........

Then following the path, we found the remnants of a camp...and of bodies. Troubling indeed. A letter signed with the wax seal of a hawk lamented a Husband's tale of his wife sending him on a doomed mission that had already cost 3 of his Men's lives. My guess is that he lay among the remains. I bowed and prayed, giving them the last rites and a semblance of a burial they had been denied in what appeared to be a frenzied attack by a yet unknown foe.

Even more troubling was the box we found among the three backpacks, and its contents of a lone gauntlet, a circlet, amulet, dagger and axehead. Suggesting Salazar study this further is a well made recommendation. If anyone can figure the purpose of his magic, it is he......there is a suggestion it may be an illusion to make us see what we wish to see. Salazar will get to the bottom of it, of that I'm sure.

Trym scouted the path ahead, and at the end of it, she found the Shrine we were looking for. Walking into the area, it seemed at one with nature, and I divined this indeed to be old, old magic, Druidic in nature.  The feeling of cold impassiveness came over me, a place of neither good nor Evil, Lawful or Chaotic. Pure Neutrality, such that, whatever will be, will be......

It seemed as though our timing was divine. As we stood and watched, we knew the light was dwindling, and as the alignment of the mountain and sun were reached, light splayed onto the Sundial of what appeared in the Nature Temple's altar.  Our gaze was simultaneously drawn across the clearing, to what appeared to be a Man of Druidic appearance, which then glowed as the sky darkened, and a full moon revealed.  Behold, as the sky darkened, the man changed into a Werewolf! An accursed being!

I and Kildrake moved into position, beating our shields to draw the beast's attention. A good tactic from the Paladin I will take note of for future. Trym hid in the undergrowth and fired a shot, wounding the beast, or so it appeared, as he ignored her with a glance, and lept across to the attack. The beast clawed and bit at me, its aim true.....I felt its surge of lycanthropy intending to infect me. Thankfully I staved it off. Likewise Kildrake was bitten, also staving off his affliction. Salazar drew a fire bolt, wounding the beast and sending it into a Rage. All the while, Zorron sang and inspired - and then held the Beast with a spell, but not before he again rended me. Again I staved off infection.

Bloodied and hurt, I called upon the might of Kord, calling down a Destructive Wrath of Lightning, the aim true, and the beast did not resist it. Just as the beast overcame being paralysed, Salazar again scorched the beast and it died. Thank Kord. A challenging and gripping encounter that could have gone a different way.

We then regrouped, and took a breath to consider our next actions........
Back to top Go down
Ashton W

Ashton W

PostSubject: Re: Session 2 The Road Less Travelled   Session 2 The Road Less Travelled EmptyTue May 12, 2020 10:02 pm

Zorron’s First Song.
As the party sat in a circle and gathered their thoughts, Zorron pulled out his Lute, and walked into the middle of them all. He plucked up all his courage. Now was his time to Shine! He began to sing a song, and it went a ‘lil somethin’ like this (sung in the key of Elvis):

I was feeling a little bit Disco
As we left the town of Zico
We got the lowdown from Jarpi the Smithy
About how not to eat and drink so messy!
At least he pointed us in the direction,
About where those missing townsfolk where a headin.

As we set off on our footsies
Cuz the Ereborn didn’t want no ponies
Talking on and on about the Mountain Splendour
(I was more worried about ending up in a blender!)

Eagle Eyes spied the quest…..
On a sign, scrawled in blood,
But not in Elvish Best.
To look for a Shrine,
That may be Divine……
Found in the Light of Day.

Cautious eyes on the path, darting left and right
When out jumped two wolves past the bridge,
Ready to fight!
Salazar provided a misty, smoky delay
We only hoped that this kept more away.

Sleep I said to one and he obeyed.
My magic, keeping him at bay.
Salazar’s magic missile on the other, Whizz Bang Boo!
His aim true, the beast Slew!

We looked at Kildrake and
Oh Lordy, Golly Gee, what a sight!
Her cloak…..no longer White!?!
A Messy gooey yucky bloody mess.
The Dragonborn was indeed not impressed!

Rinsing cloak and gathering then.
The party stepped next into a Forest Glen.
My heart grew cold at the next encounter
A clearing filled with death, smell and candour…..

Bits of bodies among ruins, spread everywhere.
The cleric blessed, prayed, and buried them there.
A magic box found amongst their gear…….
Illsionary spell was the fear!
To the mage to study and ponder?
Could this be a plunder of Wonder?

When all of a sudden,
All Heads snapped to attention,
A snarling Direwolf appeared
Bringing us much Tension!!!

I called out mockery for my newfound Kin.
The beast attacked and surely tried his best.
But the wolf was no match in this Spirited Test.

Tyrm found a path leading to the Shrine….
And was indeed, Shiny and Divine.
Old, Druidic magic clearly was the Vibe…..

When Mountain shade and light merged
A foreboding shadowy figure emerged!
Gnarled twisted grotesque in sight!
The man transformed into a Werewolf by night!
Weapon were useless - only magic could be bought to the fight.

Our warriors beat their Shields!
To draw the Beast into the Field!
Ereborn attacked, but was bloodied and Rendered.
Twice Staving off the beasts Lycanthrope affliction!

I bellowed “HOLD Fell beast!” (in my best singing voice)
And his movements they did cease!
Ereborn called Lightning, enveloped it in pain
To behold, a breathtaking feat, calling Kord’s Bane.

We thought our fate was foretold,
When the Werewolf from our magic broke free!
But Salazar’s firebolt scorched him to a tee.
Thankfully, finally the beast did fold!

These fables told on a fine Spirited fight
Of tactics, teamwork, Faith and Might.
As we sit in the campfire, before the night is old,
These stories, lest forgotten, must indeed be told!

Zorron finished his lilting, yet uplifting (as it heals the party) tune, bows and says with a mischievous grin…

“Where to next m’lords?”

Laughter enveloped the tired Party.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Session 2 The Road Less Travelled   Session 2 The Road Less Travelled Empty

Back to top Go down

Session 2 The Road Less Travelled
Page 1 of 1